OpenAccess, Telerik’s Object Relational Mapper (ORM) recently added many more databases that are supported in the free version! The Free Edition now supports:
- Microsoft SQL Server 2000/2005/2008
- Microsoft SQL Server Express 2005/2008
- Microsoft SQL Server Compact 3.5
- MySQL 5.x
- Firebird Server 2.x
- Oracle Database 10g Express Edition
- PostgreSQL 8.4+
In a nutshell, all version of SQL Server except for SQL Azure.
OpenAccess Free Edition provides powerful features that can really move you forward in your project. Data Access code is like plumbing. Everyone needs it, but does being a plumber give you an advantage over your competitors? Let Telerik do the plumbing for you, freeing you up to add all those features that will win your costumers over.
For the full list of features in the Free Edition, check out the Open Access Free Edition product page on Telerik. In a nutshell, OpenAccess benefits include:
- Database Independent Code
- Full Round-trip mapping
- Model-First or Schema-First
- Extensive LINQ Support
- Fluent Mapping
- A Visual Designer and Mapping Editor
- Support for not only Tables, but also Views and Stored Procedures
- Silverlight Integration with WCF Services, Data Services, and RIA Services
- Persistence Ignorance
- Native .NET
- Visual Studio 2010 Integration
- Multi-Tier Support
- SQL Optimization
- Medium Trust Support
- Any much more!
Go ahead and take it for a spin. There are a lot of videos on Open Access located at Telerik TV to get you started on using it in your project.
If you don’t like it, let me know how we can improve it. If you do like it, tell your friends!